Wire Rope Balustrade installation - Tips & Advice To Follow
With the warmer weather now upon us, you are probably considering installing that perfect balcony, decking or finishing touches to your property.
Whether you’re a seasoned trade expert who installs balustrading on a regular basis, a carpenter who is facilitating an end to end project for a customer or just a keen DIY enthusiast, this article will provide some overall guidance on wire rope balustrade installation.
Stainless-steel wire rope balustrade is a popular choice amongst fabricators and boutique clients alike, providing a restrained and unobstructed view of any bordered area, all while promoting safety and durability.
If installed correctly and maintained appropriately, stainless-steel wire rope balustrade can transform the look of a property with its sleek finish, providing a contemporary ambience to any design.
Wire rope is incredibly versatile, with a large number of applications across various industries. We have helped service clients in industries including agricultural, construction, manufacturing, infrastructure, fishing, sports nets, landscaping, theatres, gym equipment, mining, commercial radio antenna towers, retail shop fittings, petrol stations, flying foxes, racetracks, sewage treatment plants, and a variety of in-home settings such as Christmas light hangings and static safety lines for your roof.
At last count, we had identified 88 different industries that have used our wire rope products in one type of application!
When our customers approach us for materials and advice on the best way to install wire rope balustrade, there are a few commonly asked questions we like to ask of our clients. Our aim is to provide solution-oriented advice that will help guide you in selecting the best products for your project.
Some of the commonly asked questions we like to ask to understand the scope of the job specifications and requirements include;
• What type of project are you completing?
• Are you completing the project yourself or with other trades?
• What are the technical specifications you need to adhere to?
• What are the timeframes for the project?
• Where is the project taking place?
• Do you need additional resources to complete the project such as swaging, cutting, custom fitting, testing or freight?
Our clients also like to ask a range of questions to understand our capabilities and understanding of the product to fulfill the requirements. These questions may include:
• What are the technical specifications including the chemical and technical breakdown of the wire rope?
• What is the cost of the freight of the wire rope?
• Can you assist in making up components including cutting wire, attaching fittings and periodic testing for safety specifications?
• Do you know any other installers of these components to help us complete a job?
• Do you create custom cables?
• Can you make a custom replacement of a wire rope for an existing installation?
• Do you have the product in stock?
• How do you check the tension in a wire balustrade?
• How tight should a wire balustrade be?
• Can a wire balustrade go around corners?
• What are the legal and height requirements for wire balustrades according to the Australian building code?
• What type of applications have you provided wire rope for?
• Can you cut my wire into smaller sections so I can transport it?
At Keble’s Trading, we aim to help clients as much as possible by providing clean and transparent advice on how to complete your project. Please be aware however that we are not expert fabricators or facilitators of installing wire rope balustrades. As a result we request you to ensure that you are up to date with the relevant building code requirements or alternatively, we can put you in touch with a relevant expert to help you complete the job.
As there are so many aspects to consider when picking the correct wire rope and relevant components, we will do our best to ensure our customers are provided with the best possible guidance to complete their project accurately and safely.
Keble’s Trading are renowned suppliers of stainless steel balustrades and wire rope components in Melbourne. One of our recent sales involved a client who was looking to construct and subsequently install a balustrade himself in a recent holiday home purchase. When we have an inquiry of this nature, a key element is to understand the job specifications and in particular whether the client plans on installing the balustrade himself. If the customer is planning on undertaking a larger job themselves, we can guide them on the installation process. Alternatively, we can happily recommend you to a fabricator to assist you with this installation.
We believe that industry-specific expertise, in this case, would be the best person to advise you on the specifics of your upcoming project. These installers and industry experts will have the knowledge on the type of wire rope required, which components are needed and the exact setup required to complete the job safely and efficiently.
Keble’s Trading industry reputation for wire rope has been built on our knowledge of the product. This allows us to discuss with you many aspects of the job including technical specifications, handling the material, sourcing the right wire rope for your project (which may include importing the materials from one of our reliable sources), cutting it to your exact measurements as well as facilitating freight transfers.
Upon learning of your needs, we can assist by swaging your wire rope, then custom fit and attaching any components to the rope and finally testing the rope. With our on-hand technical support and wire rope testers, we can perform routine testing on large scale commercial projects to ensure that they meet all building code and safety regulation requirements. Our end-to-end service offering even includes the creation of custom cables for specialty projects or uses.
For more information on anything to do with wire rope balustrade information, give us a call today and we’ll tailor a results-based solution that will best suit your project, level of experience and budget.
About Keble's Trading